Google uses a complex algorithm (mathematical process) to give a score to websites. When people do searches on google. It always figures out which website should rank better for what people are looking for. Google is constantly reviewing, adjusting and updating its search results, so a website that is ranked 1st today could potentially not even be on the 1st page next week. that is why we use the Search Engine Optimization for maintaining the rank of websites.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of optimizing your website visibility on the web search engine. As well as increases the organic, free and natural traffic.
Types of Search Engine Optimization:
White Hat SEO: It completely follows search engine rules and policies this is one of the best techniques to gain Organic, free and natural Traffic and as well as to improve search engine rankings of a website. it provides long-term Results. It is also known as Ethical SEO.
“Content is King” – Bill Gates(1996)
White Hat SEO Tactics & strategy:
- Unique and relevant Page titles
- Use Descriptive, Keyword-Rich Meta Tags
- Use Slugs
- Keyword analysis and research.
- Website easy to navigate user-friendly
- Fast website loading times
- Quality content
- Use Rich Snippet
- Relevant content
- Proper images alt tag
- Relevant links and references
- Complete Sentence with good spelling and grammar
- Standards Compliant HTML
Black Hat SEO: It does not follow search engine rules and policies.using these tactics we gain Inorganic, unreal Traffic. These practices are against the search engine’s terms of service and can result in the site being banned from the search engine and affiliate sites. it provides Short-term Results. It is also known as Unethical SEO.
Black Hat SEO Tactics & strategy:
- Hidden Text or Links
- Content Automation
- Doorway Pages
- Keyword Stuffing
- Reporting a Competitor (or Negative SEO)
- Sneaky Redirects
- Link Schemes
- Guest Posting Networks
- Link Manipulation (including buying links)
- Link Farms, Link Wheels or Link Networks
- Rich Snippet Markup Spam
- Creating pages, subdomains, or domains with duplicate content
- Pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing, viruses, trojans, and other malware
- Automated Queries to Google
Grey Hat SEO: It is a combination of White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. These techniques used are technically legal but are not so perfect like white hat SEO techniques.
Grey Hat SEO Tactics & strategy:
- Purchasing old domains
- Purchasing followers
- Getting Positive Reviews
- Duplicate content
- Link Buying
- Social media automation
Pros and Cons of SEO:
Pros of SEO
- SEO can help to gain traffic on your website as well as increase the growth of your Business.
- It Gives Your Business Exposure To People Who Are Looking For A Solution
- It Sets You Up As An Authority In Your Niche
- You can run campaigns for
Cons of SEO
- SEO Results Will Take Time
- It has no guarantee for results (especially 1st-page ranking)
- SEO Will Take A Long Time To Get An ROI
- Risk of being penalized
- Sometimes it becomes Expensive
Thank you! Keep learning, keep growing! 😄
This is a topic that is close to my heart… Cheers!
Exactly where are your contact details though?